Due to sustained growth, AvarTec is looking for a seasoned IT Systems Engineer to help us serve small enterprise businesses with 20–100 employees. This role includes system design and migration project work with networking, virtualization, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Group Policy, and enhanced security implementation.
- Develop network server infrastructure design and implementation to increase our clients’ efficiency and minimize risk, on time and on budget
- Provide a high level of customer service with excellent communication skills
- Publish project scope, implementation, and design documentation
- Provide client network documentation and project tracking in a timely manner
- Provide level II and III support escalations from our help desk staff
- Assist in writing and implementing enhanced security protocols for our clients
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is a plus MCSE, MCSA, or equivalent experience required
- 7+ years’ experience in the field
- Fluent in English with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Valid MN driver’s license with clean driving record and must possess reliable transportation to travel to client offices
- Highly motivated and a proven track record working with peers in a successful team
- Professional appearance and self-presentation
- Ability to manage a team to help implement installations and migrations
If you have extensive experience in, and have a high level of competency of items in the list below, you need to apply!
- Microsoft Group Policy, DFS, DHCP, Active Directory Services, Trusted Domains, Exchange Server Migrations, SQL Server, VMWare, Hyper-V
- Networking LAN and WAN experience with switching, VLANs, and routing
- Clustered Virtualization Implementation and Migration
Backup and disaster recover
- Experience programming network hardware firewalls including QOS and Traffic Management
- Enhanced security with WLANs and WiFi
Cloud services, archiving, and failover for servers, Internet connections, etc.