IT Systems Engineer
Due to sustained growth, AvarTec, Inc. is looking for a seasoned IT Systems Engineer to help us serve small enterprise businesses. This role includes system design and migration project work with networking, virtualization, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Group Policy, Microsoft 365, Azure and enhanced security implementation. We offer hybrid remote working privileges to our entire team.
- Independently perform and lead enterprise level server migrations including but not limited to M365, Exchange, SharePoint, VMware, Azure, Hyper-V and hardware infrastructure migrations.
- Develop network server infrastructure design and implementation to increase our clients’ efficiency and minimize risk, on time and on budget.
- Provide a high level of customer service with excellent communication skills.
- Publish project scope, implementation, and design documentation.
- Provide client network documentation and project tracking in a timely manner.
- Provide level II and III support escalation resolutions.
- Assist in writing and implementing enhanced security protocols for our clients.
- Maintain physical server, network and storage hardware firmware.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is a plus. MCSE, MCSA, or equivalent experience preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience in the field.
- Fluent in English with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid MN driver’s license with clean driving record and must possess reliable transportation to travel to client offices.
- Highly motivated and a proven track record working with peers in a successful team.
- Professional appearance and self-presentation.
- Ability to manage a team to help implement installations and migrations.
- Self-starter and high achiever.
If you have extensive experience in, and have a high level of competency of items in the list below, you need to apply!
- Microsoft Group Policy, DFS, DHCP, Active Directory Services, Trusted Domains, Exchange Server Migrations, SQL Server, VMWare, Hyper-V, Hypervisor Clustering.
- Networking LAN and WAN experience with switching, VLANs, and routing.
- Clustered Virtualization Implementation and Migration.
- Backup and disaster recovery.
- Experience programming network hardware firewalls including QOS and Traffic Management.
- Enhanced security with MFA,VLANs and WIFI
- Cloud services, archiving, and failover for servers, Internet connections, etc.